Thursday, December 20, 2012

New Bow Tie Line for Small Dogs AND Cats (Definitely Not "Same Ol' Same Ol'), Etc.

Hi, everyone!  I'm so very excited about my new pet bow tie line!  The first one I listed - not counting the Dazzling Gold one, which is in the "party apparel" section of my Etsy Shop, was unadorned, but nonetheless cute, with a colorful print of boots on glittery cloth.  But wait'll you see my two newest creations, both of which I listed today (first time I've ever listed two items in one day, I was THAT excited about both of them!).  Don't worry, I'll post pics.

I have a pretty good idea of what the next bow tie will look like.  The design is a secret, but I'll reveal this much - it'll be of an unmistakably masculine design.

Here are photos of my two newest items, which, as you can tell, will be very becoming on "les girls":



Yesterday I read something really touching about three therapy dogs deployed to Newtown, Connecticut, to provide comfort to those emotionally affected by the school massacre (let's face it - who hasn't been affected by that tragedy?).  The dogs, whose names are Chewie, Ruthie and Luther, arrived in Newtown Saturday evening and were present at the vigil visited by President Obama.  Townfolk can pet the dogs or talk and pray with their handlers.  The president of the organization that sent the dogs to Newtown was quoted as saying, "Dogs are not judgmental, and they are loving.  They are accepting of anyone.  It creates an atmosphere for people to share."  Being the owner of a dog, I couldn't agree more, and it makes me think of the bad rap given to certain breeds such as Pit Bulls and Rottweilers, which I think are made mean only if they're  made that way by their owners.

Time for more recipes.  These are for three simple party canapes.

Tomato-Basil Skewers: Serves 16

16 small fresh Mozzarella balls
16 fresh basil leaves
16 cherry tomatoes
extra-virgin olive oil, to drizzle
coarse salt, to taste
freshly ground pepper, to taste

Thread Mozzarella, basil and tomatoes on small skewers.  Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.


Date Wraps: Serves 16

16 slices of prosciutto
16 whole pitted dates
freshly ground pepper, to taste

Wrap a slice of prosciutto around each date.  Grind pepper on top.


Roast Beef & Blue Cheese Spears: Serves 16

2 TBSP. reduced fat sour cream
2 TBSP. crushed blue cheese
2 Belgian endive or Treviso spears (separated)
4 oz. thinly sliced roast beef, cut into ribbons

Combine blue cheese and sour cream in a small bowl.  Top endive with roast beef and a dollop of the blue cheese/sour cream mixture.

                               **********************************************

Enjoy your weekend, and if you're going out of town for the holidays, have a safe and enjoyable trip.  Be back soon!












No comments:

Post a Comment