Hi, everyone! You might remember my closing yesterday's post with, "Be back in a few days." Well, it's been less than a day and I'm back, now that I have some spare time and can get to work on something I'd put off due to lack of time: working on some requirements associated with my nomination for a Liebster Award.
You're probably thinking, 'Liebster Award...huh???' I too had never heard of it until a fellow Etsian and friend of mine, a lovely lady named Victoria (who, by the way, has three Pomeranians) emailed the nomination to me along with the requirements, which are time-consuming AND fun.
Liebster Award nominations go to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers (mine are much fewer). I suppose the purpose is to acquire a lot more - something every new blogger wants, and what a fun way to get them!
To satisfy the requirements and end up with more followers, each nominee must post eleven things about themselves on their blogs and answer eleven questions that the nominator has asked. Second, the nominee must create eleven more questions to ask the eleven special bloggers he or she nominates, each of whom must have fewer than 200 followers.
Eleven things about myself??? Censored! Hust kidding. Here they are:
My musical preferences are classical music, New Age and music from the late 50s and early 60s. I love everything vintage and hate modern art and architecture as well as the profusion of plastic that's manufactured nowadays. I enjoy being out in nature, which brings me close to God. As you already know, I'm a dog lover (actually love all animals, which are God's creations, but dogs - especially the little ones - are my fave). I'm a peace monger and hate any kind of conflict. When it comes to thinking, when I'm alone my best thoughts are voiced, when means I talk to myself a lot when I'm alone. Booze and cigarettes are not part of my life, and I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke (I used to smoke). I don't wear makeup unless I dress up, in which case I use blusher and, maybe, lipstick (if I remember to put it on). I've done professional writing and still enjoy doing anything involving use of the English language, which extends to corrupting English words (for example, saying, "assembubbly" instead of "assembly"). Politics is one of my least favorite subjects. Besides English and animals, my hobbies include traveling, photography, acrylic painting, design in general (interior, landscape, jewelry, and of course dog apparel), sewing, and making semiprecious gemstone jewelry.
Now for the eleven questions Victoria gave me to answer:
1) Name a historical figure that you admire, and why? Answer: Christ, because he was truly a humanitarian.
2) Describe your idea of an ideal day. Answer: having my dog sitting next to me in her white wicker chair (yes - HER chair!) while I'm sewing dog clothes people have ordered from me (and listing more on Etsy). But for me no day is complete without starting it with some Bible reading and prayer.
3) What are your pet peeves? Answer: being interrupted; malfunctioning machines - especially computers.
4) If you could change something about yourself, what would it be? Answer: I'd give anything to stop getting so aggravated when suddenly confronted with a malfunctioning machine.
5) What are the names of some of your favorite books, or stories, from childhood? Answer: The Poky Little Puppy; Paul Bunyan.
6) Share a favorite Christmas holiday or birthday memory. Answer: Dom the Pom's first birthday party, which was attended by eight human guests as well as a Chihuahua. I made a cake for the human guests and one, of a dog treat recipe, for the guest of honor.
7) What's the best compliment you've ever received? Answer: the buyer of the satin one shoulder gown, a copy of which I'm marketing as the "Penny" gown (named after its canine recipient) waxed ecstatic over it, and so did her sister when she opened it on Christmas Eve. The buyer emailed me pics of her sister, who grinned from ear to ear as she looked at it and the two tuxedos I'd also made for her dogs to wear. Each communication made my day!
8) What's your favorite meal? Answer: baked salmon topped with grated fresh ginger, and steamed artichoke with a tangy mayonnaide-base dip.
9) What would you do with an extra three hours today if you had it? Answer: sew more dog clothes to list on Etsy. What a great site! It's not only wonerful for marketing handmade and vintage items as well as craft supplies, but it's also a great way to make friends.
10) Name a place you'd like to visit. Answer: since I enjoyed my recent trip to the Bahamas so much, I'd like to see more Caribbean islands.
11) Name a goal you'd like to accomplish or a skill you'd like to learn in the next two years. Answer: do more traveling, which I wasn't able to do from 1989 to the time of my Bahamas cruise. Seeing how other cultures live as well as their architecture and scenery is awesome!
Must close for now. Have a wonderful weekend, and give your pets a hug if you have them.