Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wedding Veils and Chihuahua Tales

Hi, everyone!  I haven't posted for a while, since I've been busy with three custom orders (yay!), designing items which will be listed within the next few weeks, and finding more scrumptious recipes. 

The regular buyer I mentioned at the end of my last post ordered not just one dress for one of her three Chihuahuas, but two of them.  She's so happy with the fit of the clothes she buys from me, and she also likes the combinations of prints and stripes or checks I've used on some of my items.  Here are the pics of her most recent purchases, which I mailed day before yesterday:


So far the buyer has asked me to put D-rings for leash attachment and rosette-style bows topped with buttons on each dress.  I'm looking forward to finding out what she'll want in the future.  As I've said before, my favorite custom project involves sewing things for teacup-sized dogs.  They are soooo cute (not that I think Dom is ugly - far from it!)!

The third custom order I mailed two days ago was for a black and white fleece houndstooth coat of the same style as the one listed in my Shop.  Business is indeed picking up!

Onto a different but related subject.  Today I designed a predominantly lace veil to match the doggie wedding dress in my Shop.  I was so excited when I came across the perfect applique in Etsy's search.  I ordered two sets of four each, and they'll go on the headpiece part of the veil, which will be the same ivory color as the listed dress.  Stay tuned.

Recipe time.  I've found some simple ones which make good use of leftover ham.


Ham and Corn Sandwich Spread:

This recipe can be made with chopped cooked chicken.  Delicious eaten cold or grilled between two slices of French or whole wheat bread.

2 cups chopped cooked ham
1 1/2 cups shredded Havarti cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
2 cups frozen corn, thawed
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.  Cover tightly and refrigerate up to 3 days.  Bon appetit!

Be back later.  Have a wonderful day!





No comments:

Post a Comment