Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Dom the Pom Undressed

Here are the pics I promised earlier today, plus a yummy coleslaw recipe.



Her chair was in my living room until a few months ago, when I moved it into my bedroom so I could fondle her and talk to her while working on my computer or sewing machine.  She loves the companionship and so do I, of course.

Here's the recipe, which contains one of my favorite herbs, fennel.  If you've never tried this herb, it tastes like licorice and will add some pizazz to your slaw.


FENNEL-APPLE COLESLAW (16 half-cup servings)

4 cups shredded red cabbage
1/4 tsp. fennel
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 TBSP. cider vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. caraway seeds
1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper

Combine solid ingredients and set aside.  In a small bowl whisk the wet ingredients until smooth.  Pour over coleslaw and mix thoroughly.

                            ******************************************************

I have to close for now.  As I said in my last post, it's great to be back!


1 comment:

  1. What pretty coloring Dom has. Was she darker as a young dog? I'd love to see a "baby" picture.

    ReplyDelete