Monday, July 22, 2013

Cowdogs and Pink Lemonade

Hi, everyone!  I'm glad to be back, and if it wasn't for my wonderful technical support company in India, iYogi.com, you'd still be waiting for this post.  iYogi, with which I've had a three-year contract, has been a lifesaver, bailing me out of miscellaneous software issues time after time.  My most recent experiences with iYogi have largely resulted from failure of the cursor to remain in this text box for a long enough time for me to post.  All I can say (aside from my high opinion of iYogi technicians' expertise) is: computers - aaagh!  I think most computer users have a love/hate relationship with them.

Now for my most recent Etsy listing, which I posted this morning.  The listing will do double-duty, since I'm also sending the item in the photo to the Fort Myers, Florida gallery I mentioned in a recent post.  So far I've sewn four items for the gallery; four down and two to go before I mail the garments to the owner.
Now you see what I mean by "Cowdogs."  As I said in the Etsy listing, how can anyone resist this print?  A brief  look at the photo on the fabric supplier's website, my first thought was, "Done deal!"  I've never seen anything this cool!  Months ago I first used it on the bodice of my Western Shirt, Stonewashed Jeans & Bandanna listing, one of which I've sold so far.

I expect to mail the completed items to the gallery by Friday,  I'll be back then with some pics of them.  I'm really excited about this opportunity, especially because the gallery's owner has informed me that if I send no fewer than six items, she'll arrange them in a display for really good exposure!  I can hardly wait!


Time for a really yummy recipe, Pink Lemonade Fudge: 24 servings

1 8-oz. can pink lemonade frosting
1 3-oz. packet pink lemonade powdered drink mix
small amount of vegetable oil
sprinkles (optional)

Line an 5" x 8" pan with foil extending over the edges of the pan.  Very lightly mist with cooking spray and set aside.  In a microwaveable bowl, melt the white chocolate chips for 1 minute on high.  Stir, then add a small splash of vegetable oil and heat (on high) in microwave for about 30 seconds, until completely melted and smooth (avoid burning the chocolate).  Stir in the drink mix and immediately stir in the frosting.  Combine thoroughly.  Spread the fudge mix evenly in the prepared pan and top with sprinkles if desired.  Refrigerate for about two hours to set.  Cut into swqures to serve.  Store airtight for about 4 says.

I promise to return around the end of the week to post the gallery item photos.  Take care!







No comments:

Post a Comment