Thursday, May 23, 2013

Bright Flowers Aplenty in This Post

Hi, everyone!  I hope all has been well with you and your pets if you have any.  Between putting together my most recent listing, which I posted in my Etsy Shop a while ago (it's already garnered four Favorites!), and helping a dear friend get ready for her and her husband's move to the Dominican Republic, I've been pretty busy.  Better than being idle.

Here's the Mexican-style hat/bandanna combo I've been talking about.  I'd planned on using a bright striped fabric for the scarf, but couldn't find one bright enough, so after carefully perusing the bolts of fabric in the store, I decided on a cloth I used to make a dress for one f my regular buyer's Chihuahuas.

For a means of securement around a canine head I'd originally planned on using a loop of thin black elastic, but while rummaging through the contents of my trims bag I came across the yellow rick-rack.  I immediately realized how well it would go with the bandanna, so out of the bag it came and - presto! - with a few dabs of Liquid Stitch fabric glue, it became anchored firmly between the inside of the hat and the sweatband I'd fashioned from a length of the scarf material.

How I enjoy creative activities!  Over the years I've learned from several sources that anger is the fount of creativity.  Aah, who knows if that's true, but I do know one thing: \after having been evacuated from Iran in late 1978, my creativity blossomed, so personal experience tells me that it may well have something to do with survival of a traumatic experience.

Now for another floral subject: the pics I'd promised of my flower garden...I'll have to close this post briefly, since it looks like Blogger's photo uploading setup might well post the hat/bandanna combo again, if I understand the images on the upload page correctly.  Be back shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment