Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Cowboy Hats and Buyer's Chats (Continued)

Good to be back just a few hours after submitting my last post.  Not just making up for lost time, but also to continue where I had to leave off due to a technical gluitch which caused the margins of the last part of my last entry to be wonky.  After closing, I made a beeline from the blog to Blogger's Support Forum, where I posted an SOS for resolution of the issue.  Just before starting this post, I checked my last entrymm, and discovered to my delight that the support staff had corrected the matter. The margins are now as straight as a die.  Hooray!!

Back to the cowboy hats.  I don't plan on selling just decorated hats.  In an Etsy Convo, my friend Victoria also introduced the idea of selling hat and bandanna combos.  Brilliant! My Shop already has a few cowboy and cowgirl outfits, and I'll sell the hat/bandanna combos separately, with mention of how good they'll look with the outfits.  The little doggies will be all set for the hoedown in them!

   No way will a hat stay on a dog's head without a chin strap to hold it in place, so I had to put my thinking cap on to come up with a viable means of securement.  What I've decided to do is form two triangles of the same fabric as the bandanna, with an elastic chin strap sewn to them, and fasten the triangles to the inside of the hat with fabric glue, which, once dried, makes whatever you're gluing stay put.  I swear by Liquid Stitch fabric glue, which, by the way, is non-toxic, for fastening trims and the like to fabric, and I've never had a complaint from a buyer about the trim detaching.

Next time, which I vow will be soon, I'll havve a mouth-watering recipe.  Yummm!

No comments:

Post a Comment